The children enjoyed marching to these songs. Try it at home!
Facts your child might know:
1. they called him the March King
2. he loved writing marches
3. he wrote marching music and conducted marching bands
4. he played for five presidents
5. he played in the Marine Corps Band
6. he was born in Washington D.C.
7. he always wore his uniform
8. he helped to design a new kind of tuba called the sousaphone after him
9. the sousaphone makes the music go up in the air so people can hear it
10. he had three children – one boy and two girls